The Google Grace Hopper Scholarship 2021 is a Google job opportunity designed to bridge the gap between information, skills, solutions, and aspiring youth who crave opportunities to change the world through technology and education.
Grace Hopper Celebration 2021 is one of the world’s largest gatherings of women in tech. The program is named after Grace Hopper, a computer scientist and US Navy officer. Recruiting the initiative for volunteering opportunities throughout the year. Public registration usually resumes in mid-July and we encourage you to browse the official website provided in this post for updates and directions for the 2021 release of the program.
The Grace Hopper celebration offers you the opportunity to meet the best women in the tech industries. Also, the conference also provides opportunities for women in technology that are just getting started.
This is another company that offers Grace Hopper Scholarships for 2020. Google through AnitaB.org also awards college scholarships. Also, Google offers it to the university.
Moreover, it is introduced to high school seniors. This is done annually. The scholarship takes them to GHC annually. Also, AnitaB.org GHC Scholarships is interested in funding the undergraduate. It also does the same for graduate students.
Additionally, the grant enables them to attend a 3-day Grace Hopper ceremony. There are many resources available to you as a researcher gain access to GHC 20. These offerings include professional and academic workshops. And, opportunities for communication, memories of a lifetime
Who is eligible to apply for Google Grace Hopper Scholarship?
- You have to be lively in your community. This could also mean your participation in STEM clubs / campus / computing. You have a passion for encouraging women in the computer industry.
- Participation in the conference should have a huge impact on your career, so be prepared for that.
- Bring values to the other participants as there will be networking sessions. Be prepared to influence others with your acquired knowledge.
Google Grace Hopper Scholarship Benefits
Google Grace Hopper Scholarship will give fifty women to do innovative jobs and also to contribute more values to the tech world. This award can be easily accessed by women participating in the GHC Scholarship. Those who attend this year’s GH Conference are qualified to have a great time picking the minds of Facebook’s engineers. They will learn more and, most importantly, connect with similar minds.
Other benefits include free registration, travel expenses and fully paid accommodation. It also includes a Pre-Grace Hopper celebration program to be hosted prior to the main event. Participants will go through more technical talks and other mentoring sessions. More meal stipends will be provided. There will be an invitation to a private dinner and a reception with the Facebook engineering team. All of these and many more are offered.
Requirements for Google Grace Hopper Scholarship
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be enrolled in an accredited degree program. If you are going to graduate after the event, please do not apply. Make sure to adhere to this rule so that you don’t waste your time.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, participants must have enrolled in a related degree program – if there is an MSc or PhD program.
- You must already have a great passion for computers.
- You do not need to participate in previous events to qualify.
- Participants must obtain satisfactory progress in pursuing a degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related technical courses (mathematics, electrical engineering, physics, management information systems, human-computer interaction, etc.).
- Participants can accept only one scholarship. Only one fellowship may be accepted to attend the Grace Hopper Conference.
- You must notify AnitaB.org that you will not attend the Grace Hopper ceremony if selected. Failure to do so will disqualify you from attending the upcoming show in the future. Take this seriously. Inform them early if you don’t show up.
How to write Google Grace Hopper Scholarship resume?
Most often, a Grace Hopper Scholarship CV is accepted by AnitaB.org Institute. This allows employers to check the portal to see the qualifications and skills of those attending the grant.
This was the main reason why AnitaB.org accepted resumes. Prospective employers can verify and log into the portal for this. It is therefore imperative that successful researchers have the opportunity to first create an account with the institute – Google AnitaB.org.
As you write your statement of purpose, be sure to include the details. A statement of purpose helps you sell an idea to a potential employer or board of directors. Also, you should list your research work or activities. This would confirm your level of passion for computer science and computing in general. Show your interest in this field.
You have a paragraph carefully describing your successful contribution to women in technology, or in your field of study. It has to be about computing. Add another paragraph. Discuss more about the current effort in your field and any plan (s) you have for the future that will help women in technology.
Another point to add is how attending the event or being a researcher at GHC will have a major impact on your aspirations in life. List them all. Any challenges that you currently face as a woman in technology should also be added. You know what they are, express them.
Write about your commitment to your goal. So is your passion for helping your local colleagues improve. This is what most application analysts see first. You will also need to send a letter of recommendation. This will be requested, along with your CV. Researcher or professor can help you with this, to get better result.
Write a CV. Include your current work, if you have any. Include your GPA, past research, projects, and achievements (including links if available). For this purpose, you can go ahead to create a personal website. This will impress the reviewer.